Monday, July 21, 2008

Hippy Chic.

I finished a baby blanket for my friend's soon-to-be neonate in LESS THAN THREE DAYS. Wow.

*Applause*

Thank you, thank you. I'd also like to thank the absolute lack of motivation to do anything but sit on my couch and watch tv that made this possible.

Photos....

It's also baby-tested for snuggle-ability (and thrash-ability, as well)....

I anticipated needing much more yarn than I did, so I have one skein each left of the blue and pink colors, as well as some cream (which was leftovers from an earlier project anyways). So anticipate more, blanket-matching baby stuff to be shown in the near future.

Also, I am in the process of making some clothespin dolls and a portable dollhouse for Brenda's birthday (but mostly for our long driving trip and week vacation afterwards, so she has something to play with there that's small but fun and versatile)....

Yes, those are mermaids.

Edited to add:

1.) Yes, the blanket IS even, but I didn't have patience to take time and even it out for a picture so my baby could snatch it up just the moment before I snapped the photo.

2.) No, I apparently didn't find arms important in doll-designing. I just noticed... hmm...

4 comments:

pollyhyper said...

Those dolls are awesome!!!
~ poi

Ashlee Rose said...

Fanks!

purelilyliving said...

Hi ya! I stumbled on your blog and I just love the colors you chose for the blanket! Also, how did you attach the fringy stuff? I'm hoping to learn to make one for my girlfriend!

Ashlee Rose said...

OMG I am SOOO sorry I didn't see this sooner! Thank you so very much, and the fringey stuff? You mean the lace kinda stuff around the border right? It's crocheted on... but I admit I know no crochet terminology or patterning so I couldn't even tell you how to do it, I'd have to show you. For a good description, I'd say I chained about 5... um... links, then counted two spaces on the blanket and attached it at the third space.. repeat, repeat, repeat. Does that make any sense at all?