Sunday, July 1, 2007

And now for something completely different...

I know I was working on my son's birthday present, but how can someone call themselves a Gemini without having 2500 unfinished projects laying about? :P
I am currently working on this... I was cleaning up the crap in my house for impending garage sale, and I decided instead of throwing away that yucky old cookie sheet, I'd make something out of it. Now it's a magnetic calendar.


And the back holds all of the magnets I'm not using on the calendar this month:

I'm excited about it. It never goes obsolete, all of the months, days and numbers are interchangeable, and I can add whatever words I want... even the picture can be changed. I will add some marble magnets to hold appointment cards, etc., and maybe some more picture magnets. But otherwise, it's pretty much done. Very cool. And recycled!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That's so cool! You are insanely crafty.
~quarkie

pollyhyper said...

You SERIOUSLY need to get an Etsy shop! Let me know if you need help setting one up!

Ashlee Rose said...

I used to have one.. I'm not sure if it's still up or not. Oddly (and probably stupidly) enough, I wouldn't know what to put in it, or what to charge for things. I wasn't very good with the whole "knowing how much" thing.

Maybe I'll do it again once we're done moving... hmm.