Monday, May 28, 2007

And then some....

So I can't seem to extract my bum from the computer chair this morning (which is quickly turning into afternoon... 11:57.... 11:58...). Is my de-motivation directly connected to dreading doing things I *so* don't want to do today? Actually, there's not much I *do* want to do today. Take a shower, maybe if I feel like STANDING that long. Geez. A whole half hour seems a bit much. Take a nap... mmmm... dear, sweet sleep. How I love thee. Maybe starting a baby blanket, but I want to go get some pretty new yarn (not that I am lacking in yarn, dear gods that would be a sacralidge. But, I need MOoooOOore... maybe a birthday present to myself?). That sounds like a fun day to me. And pizza with wings. Mmmm.

I want pizza like it's my job right now. And I did end up eating some of the ambrosia salad for breakfast... because, you know, marshmallows and canned fruit in syrup and artificially-flavored strawberry whipped topping is a nutritious breakfast (oh yeah, and can't forget the shredded candied coconut). Good thing I bought extra supplies for that beast... I might have to throw them in the bowl and pretend like nothing happened. My kids had fruit and toast.. I'm not that terrible of a mother. However, we had a small meltdown because every time I'd ask Luke to say please, he'd flip his lid. It went like this for about twenty minutes...

Me: Apple.........?
Him: Mmm-hmm.... (Nodnodnod.)
Me: ...........please? (Pleading eyebrows included.)
Him: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

(Rinse and repeat.) I finally gave in. Sorry, Dr. Spock or whatever new person who never had kids but thinks they know how to train them... I'm not that dilligent. I peeled the apple and handed it over. (He said thank you, for what it's worth.) Now, I don't know where the core went, but either he ate it which... you know... probably won't kill him but WILL make for some interesting diaper material (hopefully for dad) later. Or I will find it three days from now because that's where the trail of ants will lead. It's like a fun surprise!

Ok I probably should go get dressed for SuperFunDay. It's probably not going to be so bad, I just feel too lazy to do anything. I hope there's good food at least. And a place to hide if I need to.

No comments: