Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Is there a dentist in the house?!

There is something I've considered a lot recently, especially while in the throes of a dental attack at 3 AM, that most people would consider rediculous. Tooth pain hurts more than I EVER remember childbirth hurting. No, really. Maybe it's because I was drugged enough to not feel it, but for me, tooth pain tops any pain I've ever had, including the ever-dramatic teenage angst-fueled emotional pain.
Holy *bleep*. I seriously considered stealing my husband's car out of the driveway and driving myself to the ER about this damnable tooth last night, but I wasn't sure my bank account would cover the visit. Another all-nighter, this time NOT my son's fault (he slept all through the night; go figure). And the reason the rotten thing hasn't been dealt with? Well, that's because dentists think it's ok to charge people the equivalent to their rent up front or not treat them at all. (Yes, our healthcare system is fantastic, why do you ask?) No teaching clinics close enough for me to walk to, or I'd have had some eager young student work me up for $50 by now...
Something needs to be done. I think I should just bite the bullet, borrow money from someone, and have them yank this baby out. Or, do it myself with some whiskey and pliers. But that'll have to wait until after the baby's born. I might not live that long, at this rate. Grrrr.

Hope everyone's Mother's Day was good. Mine was nice, I made dinner for my mom and got a new badass crockpot. I'm going to try to either make meatloaf or a chicken dinner in it today. If I stay awake long enough to remember to put stuff in it. I have a couple hours yet.

Tim is home sick today. Mayhap I can get some stuff done. At least a shower.

Later, dudes.

No comments: