Thursday, May 17, 2007

Randomness.

So I guess I should post... it's been a couple days.
Well, I've been feeling really crappy during the days, and good with lots of energy at night. This pregnancy is doing me in, I hope my doctor doesn't pull some "you're too young" crap when I talk to him about getting my tubes tied when I'm in delivering this boy. Dude, I have three. Trust me, if I ever get the hankering for another baby, I'll get a bitty bitty puppy. Seriously. I look forward to being 42 when my last kid turns 20 and still having enough energy to have a life. I think I'll talk to Doc at my next appointment (Monday).
I am feeling the baby kick a lot more lately. This makes me happy, because for some reason I seem to remember feeling it earlier with the other kids. I felt stuff with this one before, but the past two days it's been hard enough that you can feel it on the outside, and when I was laying down on my back Tim said he could see something bouncing around in there. How exciting! We were discussing names again, and we now like the names Delaney and Murphey (no, not Irish at all....). Also, I like Will, but he thinks it's too plain, I think. We'll see. Still 4 months to go!
Another side of the baby Rubik's cube.... I have been staring at fricking tandem and double strollers for like 4 days now and have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for. Aggrevating. I asked Tim his opinion, he has none (no surprise). So I guess I just pick one, tell him the price, and we go get it? The problem is, the things go from like $100 to I saw one that was $800(!!!). Dude, I wouldn't pay $800 for a CAR at this point. In-Sanity. I just don't know. They all look massive. I guess I just gotta bite the bullet and actually go to the store and look. Ugh.
Ok, so on the Lucien Badman front... Mr. Sir went pee on his little potty yesterday! Yay! He was so happy and excited when he did it, too. I guess he just hates the big potty... understandable, it IS taller than he is, poor little midget. But eww, if I didn't have to clean out the little one, it'd be better. Whatever. If he'll potty train, that's fine. I do NOT want two kids in diapers.
Brenda had Kindy-garten "screening" yesterday. They took her away from me and put her in a room with other kids, while I filled out paperwork and waited. It was traumatizing (for me, she had fun). Lucien ran around and generally annoyed the other parents that were in the room. I let him. I guess I get a letter in the mail soon telling me how she did, but I am sure she was fine.... she told me they worked on colors and shapes, and stacking. The kid's been doing that since before SHE was potty-trained. I just don't want her to go to school. It's sad. :(
I guess I should start some sort of dinner tonight. Roast chicken sounds good, lots of leftovers to do with what I will.
Oh yeah, Happy Birthday, Mom. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let me be your first comment ever!

Thoughts on double strollers:

How manuverable is it? When folded will it fit easily in your vehicle? Does it fold easily, or require multiple steps? Do you want side by side or single file? (single file fits better in store aisles)
What kind of terrain will you be using it on ?(that will decide the size of the wheels) How much storage underneath do you need? Will your baby seat fit on the stroller or is there another way for it to accomodate a newborn?

I hope I didn't confuse you more, but those are the things I took into consideration when we shopped for our double stroller.

Cheers!

Jen