Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Impending Mother's Day.

Today my kids gave me a great Mother's Day present... I was allowed to take a shower all by myself, with minimal interruptions, until the hot water ran out! And there were no cartoons on! And the house is... kind of a disaster now, but it was a decent trade off, I think. I was allowed to wash my hair, wash my face, scrub down, and shave half a leg before Lucien came in and demanded to know who the hell I thought I was for taking a shower all by myself, anyways. And while I was shaving my legs, I looked and saw my feet. I was like, "Oh, hello feet... long time no see. Damn, you've both let yourselves go..." So I got out my rose stick and my nail file and clippers, and some blue iridescent nail polish, and struggled to give myself some sort of fake pedicure today, too. I must say, they look a lot better than they did, even though it was a difficult reach.

Right now the kids are coloring pictures and being quiet. I think it's cuz they're sick. No way they'd be this good if they were feeling ok. Oh well.

I have beans soaking for chili, and I'm going to make cornbread too for dinner tonight. I'm starting to get this frugal shopping/eating thing down pat. I bought enough groceries for about two weeks or more, and Tim even bought the kids a movie (Wonder Pets, Lucien's favorite. I don't think there's ever a day when one of the dumb songs isn't stuck in my head. Sigh.), and some bubble guns for outside, and I only spent $80 on groceries yesterday. I am proud of myself. I think I'm also going to can some salsa and some jelly today, because they're staples in our house and it's SO much cheaper for me to can them than buy them every week or so.

(I'm still only 21... really, I swear I am...)

Also, yesterday Timothy did the sweetest thing ever for me. He bought me white roses with some pretty berry-looking thing... anyways, a bouquet of flowers, and a card. He so doesn't do cards... I've never gotten one from him before and we've been together 3 years or so. I cried. And he had the kids give me a card, too. I cried again.
Then later, my stupid hormones made me start a fight about something stupid. Stupid. Sigh, I'm still irritated with myself about it. Even worse, I cried about it for like 45 minutes even after I knew I was wrong, which took like two seconds. I really hope he realizes I was just being dumb. I tried to explain but he basically told me to stop talking about it. So. I suck. Again. Boo to me.
Must... clean... house. Must... finish... Mom's... presents (and how is it fair that Mother's Day and her birthday are like, four days apart, anyways? Come on, now).

No comments: