Thursday, May 31, 2007

Yawn.

Ok, seriously, I feel like I need to inject caffeine straight into my veins today. None of this through-the-digestive tract crap... takes way too long. Don't have that kind of time.
I have so much cleaning to do today. I woke up this morning and looked around.... how did I not notice what a humongous mess my house is before today? I think I noticed, maybe, just was totally apathetic to it? Whatever, now something must be done. Luckily, I've made a list of stuff I have to do in just such an emergency. Now, to find the ambition. What was my motivation again? I should force myself to have people over... that's about the only time my house gets cleaned.
It totally doesn't help that Luke follows behind everything I do, completely and systematically undoing it. Right now, for instance, he is unfolding every article of clothing I folded this morning but didn't get around to putting away yet. You'd think he could at LEAST put it all back in the basket... but no. It goes on the floor. This morning I swept first thing when I got up because he had poured pepper all over the floor. I guess I can't have a clean house until I don't have kids anymore. Which is a really, really long time from now. The fact that it will be dirty within an hour of me cleaning up is *SO* not motivating me to clean.
I'm not sure why I think that people care about reading four whole paragraphs about me not wanting to clean my house. I think I'm just wasting time... hopefully you have skipped over this whole thing....
Look, there are some quizzes from last night! I promise next time will be more interesting.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we're looking at another house on Saturday. Big, 4 bedrooms, huge huge yard (especially for town), cheaper than it should be. However, does need a bit of work. We'll see.. Tim is hopeful about it. It has big, white pillars and a balcony all along the front top floor! The pictures of inside the house, though... eh. Not so pretty.

3 comments:

pollyhyper said...

Ah, you're totally my sister from another mister.

Ashlee Rose said...

Was it the caffeine injection, or the pretending I am a domestic goddess with perfect cleaning skills when people come over? :P

Don't worry, I didn't shoot up coffee. That would hurt the baby.

~ Elly ~ said...

Marvey has a tendency to come behind me undoing all that has been done...as does lobster. Today during naptime she emptied out all my drawers and closet. Lovely