Friday, June 29, 2007

Fakey Food...

So I started working on Luke's birthday presents... he's been really interested in the felt food set I made the kids for Christmas, so I decided to make some additions to the set....
We have his favorite, 'Za 'Za....
Another favorite. Ice cream cone (strawberry, and chocolate) with some whipped cream on top. No room for a cherry, oops... maybe next time.
What I had made previously, for Christmas...
We have breakfast (egg, sausage, bacon and toast with butter)...
Lunch (the bread used previously for breakfast, with sandwich fixin's, pictured better below; watermelon and a carrot, yum)...
And dinner (chicken drumstick, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans with butter).

Everything set out... from top to bottom, (row 1) watermelon, cake, bread, peanut butter, ham, (row 2) egg, cherry danish, bread again, jelly, cheese, (bottom) bacon, sausage, butter, carrot, tomato slice, lettuce, mashed potatoes and gravy, chicken, green beans, and at the very end a cucumber slice.



Now for the birthday, I have the pizza and ice cream... trying to think of what else to make? I think I'll be doing some chocolate chip cookies, a strawberry, maybe a banana... a few more lettuce leaves so there can be pretend salad, and I was considering the makings of a taco... yellow corn tortilla, meat blob, sour cream, cheese shreds. They already have the veggies for it!
I know I'm not the first person ever to do this, but it's something I"m super proud of and hope my kids keep until they have kids and my grandkids can play with it... that's why I want to add to it. I was considering making sushi, too... maybe... hmm.
I am a dork. Isn't it awesome? :P

10 comments:

~ Elly ~ said...

you should sell those on Etsy!!!

CTG

Can you believe our little redheads are going to be TWO?!

Andrea said...

So cute! You should make a piece of birthday cake.
~quarkie

Eve said...

I love those! I agree with quarkie, you should make a cake with a slice or two out of it. :)

Ashlee Rose said...

CTG, I *know*!! I cried a little when I actually thought about it... that's why I'm distracting myself with crafts. ;)

Birthday cake.. hmm.. good idea.

Unknown said...

Those are so. awesome.

I am totally copying this idea......

she's mighty mighty said...

That's awesome. I want some felt food!

sv said...

neato! very cool.
really? two? TWO? huh.

Ashlee Rose said...

Thanks guys, I love it too..

After birthday season (yeah, it's birthday season in my and boy's families, season ends at the end of August), I want to (try to) put some of it up on Etsy, in sets.

Yeah... two. Terribly, terribly two. Trust me. You do NOT want to be at my house today.

pollyhyper said...

I'm 30, and I want a set.

~ Elly ~ said...

huh...must be an almost two thing...don't wanna be in my house either. OY they yelling, the screaming...I swear marvey's face was as red as his hair tonight at dinner from all his hissifying!!!