Tuesday, June 5, 2007

She can cook, too...

This weekend was a good cooking weekend for me. I have a few recipes I tried that were awesome, so I will share.

The first is a muffin recipe that is so yummy and easy. I think I'll be making them today once I get my bum off of the computer. It's even easier because I made up some bags of the dry mixture in the muffins, so I just have to mix them with the eggs, milk and fruit.

Oatmeal Muffins
(Oven 375 degrees)

-1 3/4 cups all purpose baking mix (Bisquick or Jiffy)
-1/2 cup quick cooking oats (hint: the packets of oatmeal are exactly 1/2 cup, I used a few flavored ones in the mixes I made.)
-1/2 cup sugar plus enough to sprinkle over tops of muffins
-1 to 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
-3/4 cup of milk
-1 large egg, beaten
-2 Tablespoons vegetable oil (or 1 Tbsp. oil + 1 Tbsp applesauce)
-1 cup of fruit (blueberries, mashed banana, chopped strawberries, diced peaches etc.)

Line 12 muffin cups with liners, or spray with cooking oil. Combine baking mix, oats, and 1/2 cup of sugar in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, beat together the milk, egg and vegetable oil.

Stir wet mixture into dry mixture just to combine. Add fruit and stir. Fill muffin cups about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way with batter. Sprinkle tops with sugar.

Bake in the oven for 17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.



Ok, so now my kids are demanding food. More recipes later.

No comments: