Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Today is...

...our two-month anniversary. I just realized. I made a point of thinking to myself yesterday, "Tomorrow is our two month anniversary, don't forget!" and then forgot to say something before Tim went to work. Sigh. I'm not sure it matters that much, he probably forgot too. But it seems like something that should be important.

We apparently grossly qualify for the WIC program, so today I got checks for cheese, juice, milk, eggs, peanut butter and dried beans. Oh, and cereal. I was excited, though, about getting checks to use at the farmer's market, because we were going to go today. I got them, but I'm not allowed to use them until July 1st. That is crap. Oh well. No free fruits and veggies for us this month. I'll have to just use money like a normal person.

Not much to say today. I am bored, and tired, because Lucien woke me up at 5:45 in the morning. And at 1:00 in the morning. And didn't go to sleep until like 10 at night. Poopyhead.

Oh yeah.... so I have an either brilliant or incredibly stupid idea, I can't tell yet. I started cutting all of my plastic bags I'd otherwise recycle anyways (bread bags, shopping bags, packages diapers come in etc.) into strips, and have been crocheting them. I want to make it into a reuseable shopping bag, but just now I thought that it'd be a kind of cool doormat, too. It's washable, and it's super-sturdy once crocheted together. The plastic is a bit harder to work with than yarn or string or hemp, so it's taking a bit longer than I thought it would, but it's still an interesting project. I was considering whether one of the fancy/handmade/hippie/health food stores downtown would be interested in them, if they're relatively easy to make. Yes, I am trying to find ways to exploit my talents. What can I say, I'm sick of being poor. I was poor for way too long when I was young, and although I am an expert at it, I don't really like it. I probably won't sell stuff anyways... I always say I'm going to then end up not doing it. I have about negative 20 ambition. Whatever that means.

2 comments:

sv said...

holy crafting, batman!
must either stop reading your blog, supermom, or make peace with the notion i'm a useless unproductive blob of a human being. those bags/mats sound really really cool. we use our own bags for the store, and i would definitely use one of those.

Ashlee Rose said...

Don't be silly. I don't have an actual, *paid-to-work* job anymore (well, I have it, I just can't DO it)... I need something to do with myself when I'm not cooking, cleaning, running after smallish people or collapsing in an exhausted heap. :P

You make me blush. Either that or I'm turning red because you're trying to make my head burst, it's getting so big.... :D